Based on the screenplay by Marc Norman and Tom Stoppard; adapted for the stage by Lee Hall
It’s the greatest love story (almost) never told. This wildly funny and irresistibly romantic new adaptation of the Academy Award-winning film is fresh from its critically-acclaimed debut in London’s West End. Young Will Shakespeare has writer's block — until he meets Viola. Against a bustling backdrop of mistaken identity, ruthless scheming and backstage theatrics, their forbidden romance inspires a masterpiece.
• Play run time: 2 hours, 15 minutes, including a 15-minute intermission
• Recommended for ages 13+
WATCH & LISTEN
Amy Herzberg – Co-Director
Aimee Hayes – Co-Director
William Boles – Scenic Designer
Ruby Kemph – Costume Designer
Shawn Irish – Lighting Designer
Eric Backus – Sound Designer & Additional Original Music
Brodie Jasch – Properties Manager
DC Wright – Fight & Physical Comedy Choreographer
Jason Burrow – Music Supervisor
Ben Corbett – Dialect Coach
Gail Leftwich – Choreographer
Shannon A. Jones – Stage Manager (through 9/1)
Jerry Jensen – Stage Manager (9/1–close)
Love's labors revealed (The Free Weekly)
Audiences fall in love with Shakespeare in Love at TheatreSquared (Broadway World)
Shakespeare in Love provides a loving introduction to new T2 space (Fayetteville Flyer)
Listen: Shakespeare in Love at TheatreSquared (Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette)
In Love With Theater: T2 celebrates new home with lavish production (Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette)
TheatreSquared to open new season in new home with Shakespeare in Love (Fayetteville Flyer)
plays with benefits
Own the T2 experience as a Founding Subscriber! You’ll get the best seats at the best price, saving 15% or more per play plus these exclusive subscriber perks:
Save at dinner +
- With discounts of 15% or higher, you might save enough on dinner to nearly cover your ticket to the show. Enjoy subscriber deals at the new on-site Commons Café/Bar or at any of our local restaurant partners by presenting your T2 Subscriber ticket on the day of the show.
Save nationwide +
- Enjoy subscriber pricing at The Public Theatre in New York, Steppenwolf in Chicago—or any of a score more of peer theatres with your included membership in National Stages. Learn more at nationalstages.org.
Switch shows +
- Last-minute conflict? Request fee-free exchanges online as often as you need. You’ll only ever pay the difference in ticket price, if anything.
Make it a staycation +
- Enjoy special lodging rates at the Dickson Street Inn or the Graduate Fayetteville.
Shakespeare In Love is made possible in part by lead show sponsors Bob & Becky Alexander, as well as show sponsors Ben & Christine Clark, Greenwood Gearhart, Stout Executive Search, and John & Kitten Weiss.