The Basics +
- Shakespeare In Love is on stage at T2's new state-of-the-art home for four weeks from Aug. 14–Sept. 8, 2019 in downtown Fayetteville.
- The weekly performance schedule is Tue–Fri 7:30pm, Sat 2pm & 7:30pm and a Sunday matinee at 2pm.
Play Synopsis +
It’s the greatest love story (almost) never told. This wildly funny and irresistibly romantic new adaptation of the Academy Award-winning film is fresh from its critically-acclaimed debut in London’s West End. Young Will Shakespeare has writer's block — until he meets Viola. Against a bustling backdrop of mistaken identity, ruthless scheming and backstage theatrics, their forbidden romance inspires a masterpiece.
(Viola de Lesseps/Thomas Kent)
(Queen Elizabeth I, Nurse)
Fight & Physical Comedy Choreographer
Production Stage Manager
Assistant Stage Manager
Stage Management Associate
Scenic Charge & Props Artist
"Funny, often genuinely moving – it generates a glow you could warm your hands by." – DAILY TELEGRAPH
plays with benefits
Own the T2 experience as a Founding Subscriber! You’ll get the best seats at the best price, saving 15% or more per play plus these exclusive subscriber perks:
Save at dinner +
- With discounts of 15% or higher, you might save enough on dinner to nearly cover your ticket to the show. Enjoy subscriber deals at the new on-site Commons Café/Bar or at any of our local restaurant partners by presenting your T2 Subscriber ticket on the day of the show.
Save nationwide +
- Enjoy subscriber pricing at The Public Theatre in New York, Steppenwolf in Chicago—or any of a score more of peer theatres with your included membership in National Stages. Learn more at nationalstages.org.
Switch shows +
- Last-minute conflict? Request fee-free exchanges online as often as you need. You’ll only ever pay the difference in ticket price, if anything.
Make it a staycation +
- Enjoy special lodging rates at the Dickson Street Inn or the Graduate Fayetteville.
Shakespeare In Love is made possible in part by lead show sponsors Bob & Becky Alexander, as well as show sponsors Ben & Christine Clark, Greenwood Gearhart, Stout Executive Search, and John & Kitten Weiss.